Located to the north west of Yelland, this award-winning Barratt and David Wilson residential development will comprise:
· 135 dwellings (incorporating apartments with a mix of 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes),
· 48 Affordable homes,
· 374 car parking spaces,
· Provision of a large area of open space with estuarine character,
· Comprehensive landscaping scheme,
· Organic children’s play area,
· New community allotments,
· Community orchard, and
· Nature conservation area.
The development is designed to a high standard and has been accredited with a Building for Life Outstanding Award. The approved design comprises:
· A distinctive identity responding to the local context, referencing local materials and architectural features,
· Vistas and views to provide visual connections with the surrounding area,
· A green pedestrian/cycle route that will link from West Yelland Road to the Tarka Trail, and
· Carbon reduction across the development via the integration of renewable technologies.