Located to the north west of Yelland, this award-winning Barratt and David Wilson residential development will comprise:
• 135 dwellings (incorporating apartments with a mix of 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes),
• 48 Affordable homes,
• 374 car parking spaces,
• Provision of a large area of open space with estuarine character,
• Comprehensive landscaping scheme,
• Organic children’s play area,
• New community allotments,
• Community orchard, and
• Nature conservation area.
The development is designed to a high standard and has been accredited with a Building for Life Outstanding Award. The approved design comprises:
• A distinctive identity responding to the local context, referencing local materials and architectural features,
• Vistas and views to provide visual connections with the surrounding area,
• A green pedestrian/cycle route that will link from West Yelland Road to the Tarka Trail, and
• Carbon reduction across the development via the integration of renewable technologies.